My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's Finals Time

It's been over a month since I have posted an entry. A lot has been going on. The worst thing that happened was that my father had a heart attack and my sister and I had to fly down to Florida. I missed 2 days of classes because of it. He's okay now and it was a very emotional time. Believe it or not, I brought one of the books I was required to read for my literature class. It was The Metamorphosis by Ovid. I surprised myself that I was even able to concentrate and actually read 3 chapters (they are very long!) It was a good distraction.

The week before, my friend died. She left 2 boys the same age as mine. I had to miss classes because her funeral was on that day. My professors were very understanding as they were with my father. I guess there's a lesson here. We all go through some very difficult times. When you are in school or at work, it's important to let your teachers or supervisors know. You may have to get a note from a relative for proof. Most will be very understanding and work with you to get the work done. I received extensions for my papers and it helped a lot considering that I had a very difficult time getting my head together to do the work.

Today was my first final. It was my history class and I didn't study as hard as I should have but I know I passed the exam. My next one is on Monday, the 15th. I'll begin studying for that one tomorrow. What doesn studying mean? It means reading over my notes over and over again. It means making sure all my required reading is done. I can't believe that my brief school career will be over on Monday. It was a great experience and I'm looking forward to sharing things I learned when I return to school.

So remember, your exams are next month. Start getting organized so you don't have to waste any study time doing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home