My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

See you in September!

Today was a tough day. It was my last day of work before I officially go on sabbatical and I found it hard to see all of you with new teachers. I felt a little possessive and jealous that I won't be working with you and keeping up with what you are up to until September. For my seniors, this was it. I will not be seeing you again. Maybe I'll go to the prom dinner. That's not until May. It's up to you to keep me posted.

For a teacher without a schedule, I was pretty busy. I helped get my paperwork in order for the new teachers. I got to "schmooze" with some of you. I had my last lunch with my people. I completed 3 annual reviews. I cleaned out my locker and got some RCT stuff together. I said a lot goodbyes and then headed home. It was a nice feeling. I think it's good that I left with a bit of longing inside. I'm not completely burnt out and I know when I come back, I'll be very energized.

Now for the academics: I go back to class on Thursday. I have 5 more chapters to read in The Iliad. I have to read this other book and some articles for another class. I can't stress enough how important it is to be prepared for your classes. If the teacher asks you to read something for the next day, do it! Do you know how boring it is to try to teach something and the students are not prepared for it? Very boring and frustrating!

Enough lecturing. I have to go read now with a cup of hot cocoa...fat free, of course.

Be well my little students! Do well in class! Work hard. Your efforts will reward you!
Until my next entry...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Werd "miss" us kids be missing you most def! Hopefully i keep failing and decide to waste like 30 more years in this school so i be here when you get back! joking of course mam... well i'll catch ya later yo so holla back young'n!!!
    (Improper Language And Grammer Was On Purpose.)
    ~Ricardo Manzano

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ms. that almost made me tear i never really looked at teachers who on their last day to feel so..excuse me i.. cant write its 2 sad hope u bring some of that knowledge(see i spelled that wrong.. i think) oh and since Lianne dont know how to work computers she said hello and she miss you. this is Juan Hernandez

     

Post a Comment

<< Home