My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Breathing a Sigh of Relief

I had 2 midterms yesterday, back-to-back. I forgot how stressful and tiring it is to take exams like that. I completely feel for you when you have more than one exam in a day. I was stressing out over it! I thought about how you, my students, get through it. First, if you don't study for the exam, your stress level is going to go through the roof and you'll get angry. Not only at yourself but to those around you. I've seen it. You know, when you say, "That teacher is stupid" or "Who cares?" Well, obviously you do and you are employing a defense mechanism to try to cushion the blow of NOT STUDYING. Studying really works, kids. I'm not talking 10 minutes before the exam. I'm talking about going over your notes over and over again days before the test. You should redo problems that you had for homework. Read over your homework assignments (assuming that you do them) because your teachers take the exam questions from there! Trust me! My professors told us what the exams would be on and they didn't steer the classes wrong. If you are all caught up with the homeworks and reading assignments (and whatever else you get for HW), then studying shouldn't be that difficult. Maybe the question I should pose to you is: DO YOU KNOW HOW TO STUDY? When I come back in September, I plan on working on this A LOT! Start practicing now!

The only good thing about these exams was that I found out that my memory does work. I can actually remember facts and use them on the tests! I did not have a "senior moment" when I forgot things. When I wasn't too sure about an answer, I made a note on the paper and went to the next question. Then I went back to the ones I was shaky on. I'm glad they're over. No, I'm ecstatic they're over. My college is on spring break next week. I joked around with my husband that I was going to go to Daytona or Cancun. Naaah, I'm going to be right here in good ol' New York!

Now that I have a little break, I am going to whip out those knitting needles and finish some projects. You know how knitting is my love! It keeps me sane!

I just wanted to know that I love hearing from some of you! It keeps me in touch with you, my dear students. Keep it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home