My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Break is Over. Now What?

Last week was my spring break. No, I didn't go to Daytona Beach or Cancun. I stayed home. I took a break from my school work but I did know that I had to read Books 1 and 2 of The Aeneid. (another epic like The Iliad and The Odyssey). Yesterday was my first day back at school. I was sick. Did I stay home? NOOOO! I made it because I did not want to miss another class. If I was on death's door, then I would have stayed home. I had a really bad cough. I brought water and cough drops with me. I sat, took notes, and coughed. I made it through the day. Some of you like to take off if you have something wrong with you that is very minor. You have to stop doing that. If you don't have a fever and can walk, come to school. Ask your parents for some medicine for your symptoms and try to come to school. You won't be 100% but at least you won't miss work or be marked absent (remember, too many absences can lower your grade). You are getting older and you can't take a day off for every little thing when you have a job. You'll lose pay or worse, you'll be fired.

I got my midterms back. I got a 90 in my history course and a B+ in my literature course. I was pretty happy. I rewarded myself by buying yellow tulips for my house! My family was very proud of me, too. I was just assigned a 7 - 10 page research paper which is due on May 1st. I am going to get a topic and start it so I can finish it way before the deadline. I hate being a last-minute-person. I hope you are trying to manage your time better and get your assignments done in a timely fashion.

I hope you are all well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home