My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Eyes are Falling Out of My Head

Today was my first official day of my sabbatical. I still woke up early, before anyone else. Got dressed, did make-up and instead of rushing out of the house, I got my family up. I actually made and saw my sons eat breakfast. I watched 50 minutes of the Today Show! Elijah and I walked up the hill to the bus stop (I'm counting that as a little bit of exercise because I had my sneakers on!). He quickly dropped my hand when we came into view of the other kids. I spent 20 minutes with my neighbor having tea. Then I hit the books.

I had to finish the Iliad! I did! I was so excited. I read from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM. I gave myself a 20 minute lunch break and then I hit the books for my history course. I finished that assignment and still had 100 pages more to read for my literature class. As I am writing this, I have 39 more to go. My neck hurts from bending over the books all day. My eyes are tired and I find myself dozing off as I am reading. The material isn't all that riveting. I am procrastinating by writing this entry. Do you ever procrastinate when you should be reading, studying or writing a paper? It's a universal trait.

I'm going back to my book. When I go to my classes, I know that I will be prepared. I guess that's the lesson I want you to take away from this entry. Be prepared: read what's required, do the HW, make sure your books are all packed up for the next day, have pens, pencils, rulers, paper, whatever you need. It cuts down on the chaos in your mind and helps you focus on what's going on in front of you, not on what you're missing. Trust me, I am speaking from experience.

Enough preaching. Back to my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home