My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Friday, February 03, 2006

That Overwhelming Feeling!

Yesterday was my first full day as a student. I attended my classes and found that I'm not loving my literature class. First, my history class was great. The information is so fascinating and I found a new class buddy who will be e-mailing me the notes I missed. The woman I originally asked to be my buddy didn't have such great notes. Yes, in college, you need good notes and it's important that you have someone who is capable and responsible. This also applies to high school. I have to make up some readings and then I am all caught up with the class.

My literature class is taking another direction than the one I thought it would be taking. The professor is talking more about the mechanics of the oral poetry that the Iliad is and the book that we have to read is so boring. PLUS he assigned us a paper that's due on Wednesday comparing the poetry from 2 different areas. (Yugoslavia and Africa) I don't have the notes so I told him that I am going to wing it. He said that was okay. I was a little worried that I missed something completely about this topic when I did the reading so I am rereading the material and making some notes. I also found another buddy in this class because this guy, Mason, was absent! She is going to make a copy of what I missed and give it to me on Monday. We may not have a class because the teacher told us he may have to do something (I'm thinking funeral) so I want to get the paper in by then. Ohh the pressure!

Personal stuff: Ricardo, thank you for those "interesting" comments. I hope you do try to study and get yourself out of Columbus.

Be well everyone. Have a great weekend! Don't fall behind in your classes. Do all your work!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This has nothing to do with what u wrote i just wanted to say HELLO!! and I HOPE U DO WELL! oh and ms william says hi this is Juan(hope u know who am i if not its ok) ill see u soon, i think, maybe...hopefully ^.^ bye!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home