My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Getting Ahead

This entry is going to be short and sweet. My advice to you is to get ahead in your assignments whenever possible. If your English teacher tells you to read Chapters 3 & 4, why can't you continue reading through Chapters 5 & 6? You know you are going to have to read it eventually. If you have a course outline for science, why not preview what the next topic will be so you can familiarize with the vocabulary, diagrams and concepts? It will make listening in class a lot easier. You can do the same with social studies and math, especially if the teachers give you a syllabus. You can even ask them what the next topics are and preview it.

My classes were cancelled today due to the snow. I was all prepared for them so what will I do now? I can sit and relax (and knit!) or I can continue reading according to the course's syllabus. I plan on continuing in The Odyssey which is the sequel to The Iliad (a great story about the Trojan War...blood, guts, excitement from ancient Greece!) I also have a paper due. I plan on starting and hopefully finishing it today.

Try my recommendations with one class. See what happens. Sometimes life gets in the way of our doing the HW but if you get a little bit ahead, you are covered.

Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home