My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's All Over

I took my last final yesterday at 12:00 PM and realized that I didn't study enough. Has this ever happened to you? I didn't panic but I felt so...empty. Stupid thoughts kept running through my head that had nothing to do with the exam. I had to shut them off and concentrate on the test in front of me. I could rationalize the whole episode saying that I don't need a high grade but I felt as if I was disappointing my professor. I wanted to prove to him that I am smart and this exam was not going to be the evidence for that! I went into the final with an A-/B+. I'm hoping I come out with a B. I did receive an A on my history paper and I liked that final a lot better. I did realized that all the stuff that happened to me in April really affected my concentration and it made me think of you, my dear and fellow students. How can we compartmentalize those distractions while we do schoolwork? It's something I'm going to think about for September when I'LL BE BACK!

I am a free woman now. No more required readings or papers. I can read whatever I want! I'm already missing my classes. They were wonderful and I will probably keep up with the subject areas. They made that big of an impact on me. I want to teach you how to really appreciate school and become a lifelong learner. It's something that can happen at any time of your life. It doesn't have to happen way back in elementary school.

So, is this my last post? I don't know. I may have more to say so stay tuned and keep checking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home