My Teacher is a Student

Follow the adventures of your teacher as she takes a semester off and becomes a part-time college student.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Blog Introduction

Hi Everyone!

As promised, I told you that I would start a blog so you would not miss your "Miss" so much. I really don't know how much you're going to miss me, but at least you can see what I'm up to while I'm away from good old Columbus. Of course, I am going to miss MOST of you. I felt this was a great semester and honestly, I had great students. Even those of you who weren't my actual student were great to work with. (except for the kid who took my cell phone...BOOOOOO!) I hope you all understand that I just needed a break from work. I've worked nonstop since Ben was 1 1/2 years old and since NYC teachers are given this unique opportunity to take a sabbatical, I thought I would take one again. Besides, my boys are very excited that their mother is going to be a stay-at-home mom. I think my husband looks at it as an opportunity to straighten up the house. What he doesn't know is that I'll probabaly end up throwing a lot of his stuff out!

So, what am I going to do while I am not working? I am required to take 8 college credits. I am suppose to take the courses in my subject area but since I teach more than one subject, I am taking a class in history and one in literature. My history class is called "Women in the Biblical and Ancient World". I got closed out of the class but I e-mailed the teacher and described what I did for a living. She thought I had the most interesting job and life so she is going to let me enroll in the class. I feel a little pressure to perform in this class now. My other class is called "The Ancient Epic". I will be required to read classic literature. The reason why I picked this class was because I thought it would go well with the history class and it would make me read books I've never read before. Also, it will teach me how to get through the classics and then I can teach all of you had to read and understand them. I can't recall the titles but once I find out, I'll post it.

So that's my sabbatical all summed up. I'll probably be the oldest one in my classes but I can deal with that. Now I'll find out how cool I really think I am!

Stay tuned for more!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you for going back to school. I hope you have fun & Ihope you come back in the following years.


    Sincerily,
    Kyair Atterbury

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice Blog. I hope you do well with this sabaga...whatever. Good Luck

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know loads of people are going to miss you at Columbus, including me.
    Its great you have a blog, really digging the colors. Thanks for helping me with school, well I didnt really do much but read but I got to read many books in class which is helping me write some short stories over the internet. :-) I hope next semester I can do better. well my time is up.

    Good luck!

    Allison Dubon

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We thought that you were finished with your education.Anyway have a good time on your sabbatical.We are treating you to lunch one day each week so at the end of the month you will send a bill to us.

    Mom and Dad

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yo yo yo strait keeping it gangsta Mrs. Migdol!!! me and my peeps be missing you lady so you best holla back yo! strait up!!! Laterdays!!!

    "The Polite As He Is"
    -Ricardo Manzano...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home